I’ve worked for the British Council since 2003 on English language teaching and training projects in Ethiopia, India and North Africa. In 2018 I coordinated and co-delivered a 100-hour course in English for Diplomacy for the trainee diplomats in Ethiopia. Currently developing online courses for the BC’s global Professional Skills Centre.
- Online: Online product developer for the global Professional Skills Centre. Member of the educator teams for FutureLearn courses Communicating Across Cultures and Study UK: Preparing for Work.
- Ethiopia: Coordinated and co-delivered a 100-hour course in English for Diplomacy for the trainee diplomats at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Addis Ababa. Delivered a four-week intensive IELTS preparation course for academic staff at University of Gondar.
- Tangier, Morocco: Designed and taught business development and communication skills for second year students at the Institute des Hautes Etudes de Management, Tangier.
- New Delhi, India: Business communications trainer for the UNDP and other multinational organisations. Developed and delivered courses in English language, IELTS, creative writing and presentation skills. As ICT Coordinator, I managed e-resources and staff training for the busy teaching centre.
- Tunisia: Summer school teacher on adult and young learner courses during the period immediately after the Arab Spring.
- Cairo, Egypt: Developed film-based courses for adult and young learner summer school courses.